Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bike Ride

Earlier on today I went for a nice bike ride through a park that had lots of local people and was much less touristy than other parts of Amsterdam. It was awesome! I'm actually debating a lot about whether or not to keep my bike or sell it to the guy at the hostel. The offer is only 20 euro, but that's better than leaving it behind and getting nothing for it. Plus he is a cool Auzzie that said he plans on coming to Canada for a year when his European visa expires. Interesting because of the number of Canadians I know that are going or have been to Australia for a year or so. Cool little deal our countries have. I like Auzzie's, I feel like they're cousins to Canadians. I've met quite a few already and by the sounds of it I am going to meet much more because they're really into traveling.

Back to the bike, I really want to bring it with me to my next destination but I'm not sure if it's worth the cost and inconvenience of bringing it on the train versus simply renting bikes along the way. I'm going to go to the train station and ask more questions about bringing bikes to help me with the decision. I took some pictures during the bike ride this morning. Funny thing about that. I just had another lesson about the importance of packing efficiently. This morning I saw the cable to connect my camera to the computer and just threw it in my bag. Now I'm having trouble finding it...next time I'll put it in a better compartment in my bag. Pictures to come when I find the cable :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment