Portugal was well worth the visit. I met up with Joanna, a friend I met in Copenhagen, who lives in Lisbon. This was definitely a great place to go around with a local because we drove to many nice places that I probably never would have found on my own or gotten to without a car! On top of that, her family owns a Japanese restaurant so the eating there was great! I stayed at Joanna’s place in Lisbon for 4 nights and I’d say we did a good job making the most of the time. Some pictures below include the most westerly point in Europe and a nearby escarpment that we descended down. Looking at a map it actually looks like Ireland is more west; but I didn't try telling that to the owner of the tourist shop located at Portugal’s “most westerly point in Europe.”
We also made a day trip to Porto where we took a river cruise and went on a tour of a Port Wine factory. The next day I headed to Faro which is in Algarve – an area known for its long beaches and beautiful coastlines. There was great scenery here and I had some fun nighttime talks on the rooftop patio with other people in my hostel. On my last day in Faro I went on a boat ride in an old fishing boat and learned about the tides and surrounding nature. That night I flew to Liverpool.
Me standing on the most Westerly point of Europe
Those waves just looked to fun to resist...
The river cruise in Porto
Faro







In the park that randomly had free wireless internet that I used to call family on skype.
No comments:
Post a Comment