Thursday, January 1, 2009
Bed Hopping
Due to my indecisiveness and the hostel's policy to check out by 10:30am if we're not staying an additional night, I have checked out of my hostel 4 times now and each time checked back in. Three nights ago I was sitting in the common room of my hostel debating whether or not to go to Rotterdam for New Years, and at 11:30PM I saw a crowd of people walk in and quickly jumped up to book a room here for the night. I got the second-last room! Each time I've checked in I have been assigned a different bed, so I have now been in 5 beds located in 4 different bedrooms. It has worked out great because each time I met new people while maintaining friendships with former roommates that I see in the common room of the hostel. Meeting new people has definitely been the highlight of this trip and I'm sure that trend will continue. I am learning a lot about other cultures and how ours compares. I also really enjoy talking to other people my age who are making decisions about what they want to do for a living - something I'm trying to decide myself :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment